The Ten Commandments ©
A Children’s Church Curriculum covering the 10 commandments as given by God to Moses. Emphasis is placed on how do we follow the spirit of the law in our day.
- Ten Commandment Overview – Principle: Keep a clean conscience and it will guide you.
- You shall have no other gods beside the Lord. – Principle: God must be first place in our lives.
- You shall not take the Lord’s name in vain. – Principle: God’s name is Holy. We should live a live worthy of being called by his name.
- Keep Sabbath Day. – Principle: God wants his people to enter into His rest. The Sabbath day was a gift from God.
- Honour your Mother and Father. – Principle: We should deeply respect ourparents.
- You shall not commit adultery. – Principle: Keep your thoughts pure.
- You shall not murder. – Principle: Controlling thoughts and anger.
- You shall not steal. – Principle: Stealing is wrong and never pays.
- You shall not lie. – Principle: We should always be real and truthful with God, others and ourselves. This is the foundation for good relationships.
- You shall not covet. – Principles: Contentment brings happiness. Covetousness brings unhappiness.
- True Repentance. – Principle: With God’s help we can turn from our evil ways and be a different person.
- Compassion. – Principle: True Religion is to relieve widows and fatherless.
- Sowing and Reaping. – Principle: We reap what we sow. Our deeds will come back to haunt or to bless us.